The start of classes happens every fall, and many students are wondering what to expect when they arrive on campus for the first time. The agenda below should give you a rough idea about what you can expect, and where you should go, more information will be sent to enrolled students approximately one month before the start of classes.
- What: Housing Move-in… It’s move-in day! Get your keys, meet your roommates, and check out your new digs. This event is just for students who will reside in Neumont housing.
- When: Friday, September 27
- Where: You'll be sent your apartment complex name and address in September
- What to bring: All your earthly possessions (or at least those things you plan on bringing with you to school)
- And then: In the evening, rides will be available to local stores. If you need bedding, toilet paper, food, or a sleek TV stand, catch a ride in a Neumont van.
- Housing orientation is for incoming freshmen only
- What: Orientation… Get ready for the first day of classes. Collect your laptop, see the campus, meet the staff. Orientation… This is where it all comes together. We’ll orient you to the campus, the Neumont method, and all those other things you really need to know. This event is for ALL new students.
- When: Saturday, September 28th
- Where: Neumont Campus, see your Welcome Packet for details
- What to bring: A laptop carrying device of some sort (maybe a large satchel, or a backpack), writing instruments, and a notebook (you know the spiral bound kind with paper in them). Also, wear your snazziest duds - this is when we'll be taking your student ID photos
- Families are invited to attend this event (which will explain what to expect and hopefully lessen the separation anxiety about having you away from home.) Student shuttles will return you to housing at the conclusion of the day’s activities.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
- What: Neumont Art and Science of Success Freshman Orientation course
- When: Monday, September 30th - Friday, October 4th
- More: Watch your Welcome Packet for information about this week long orientation event
Please watch your mailbox for additional information about Freshman Orientation. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your Admissions Officer or Karick Heaton, Director of Admissions at 1-888-NEUMONT or firstname.lastname@example.org, or your Student Life Coordinator, Corrine Padilla, at 801-302-2857 or email email@example.com.