ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE
IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
THIS SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM COMBINES FOUNDATIONAL PROGRAMMING THEORY WITH IMMERSIVE LEARNING.
Through a project- and problem-based curriculum, you'll learn modern testing methodologies, coding practices, and quality assurance metrics that are required to succeed in the software development industry.
WHO IS THE ONLINE ASSOCIATE FOR?
Life happens. Sometimes you need a little help starting your career or transitioning to a new one, but you also need a program that's flexible. Neumont's Online Associate of Science in Software Development is designed to teach you the skills you need to start a career in tech from your couch (or wherever you code).
FOCUS OF THE ONLINE ASSOCIATE PROGRAM
With the online associate program, you'll be prepared to start your career in tech. You'll learn best practices and processes for software development and quality assurance using modern languages and integrated development environments.
- Introduction to the Technology Industry
- Logic and Analytical Thinking
- Test-driven Development
- Testing Theory
- Understand modern development environments focusing on Java.
- Understand and use a variety of algorithms and data structures.
- Use both established and emerging software development standards and best practices.
- Learn automated testing and continuous integration.
- Gain an understanding of software design and methodologies.
- Develop professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience teamwork and group dynamics first-hand.
- Practice effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Practice evaluating and giving feedback on software development projects.
- Gain an understanding of business in the context of software development.
- QA Engineer
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Junior Software Developer