Technology Oriented Curriculum
We're all about technology and its practical application. Our accredited programs unite business, technology, and creativity in order to educate the innovators of tomorrow*. And the results we deliver — amazing! After all, what good is a college education if it doesn't launch your career, right? We're proud of the traditionally high employment, and generous salaries our students command, and Neumont reviews from our Industry Partners who've hired our graduates speak for themselves.
The mission of Neumont University is to provide a professional education that is rich in ideas, current in industry practices, and deep in technological insight from the input of industry-leading partners.
We are committed to: a collaborative learning process, a quality learning environment, contributing broadly to students’ lives; and bringing value to the enterprises with whom we partner. Our graduates will be known for their technology expertise and business acumen, their capacity to innovate, and their motivation to succeed.
We won't waste your time (or ours) with information that won't benefit you when you graduate. We think the process of building technologies is like an art. In fact, the word technology is rooted in the Greek word techne, meaning art or skill. See? That's a great example of the useless information you won't be learning here.
WITH A FOCUS ON:
- Professional development
- A collaborative learning environment
- Contributing broadly to students' lives
- Curriculum developed and delivered in partnership with industry
ACADEMIC PROGRAM FEATURES
- Programs in Computer Science, Game Development, Web Development, and Technology Management that teach professional best practices and their relevant application.
- A project-based curriculum designed around current industry needs.
- Establishing a learning environment that prepares the student for lifelong learning and an understanding of how to evolve with emerging technologies.
- Student exposure to Enterprise and Studio Projects that build a resume of real work experience before graduation.
- Student develop unique business acumen and leadership skills by working on a variety of projects in a variety of project roles,
- Exposure to Career Services counseling, early and often, so the student is prepared for the career field and will enjoy the high employment rates and salaries that are the keystone of our success.
The men and women of tomorrow's technology Renaissance (AKA “our students”) must know that there's more to a successful career than writing impressive code. In a business setting it's crucial to understand how to write effectively, communicate professionally, and act with strong ethical standards. So, in addition to the application and development of cutting-edge technologies, we've focused our curriculum on helping students develop competencies in business, communications, and ethics-based problem-solving.
From day one, students hone their knowledge through project-based exercises. Beginning with a core foundation of applicable technical and general education courses, they learn to think critically and effectively solve real-world problems. Our students move efficiently through our 10 and 12 quarter programs and learn by designing, building, testing, and challenging assumptions in a hypothetical, digital, and literal world — and they get to create some pretty exciting projects along the way.
The companies who hire our graduates recognize that writing clean code, running an efficient project, or keeping a company's information systems running at the speed of user demand is an awesome start. But, a true professional must also know how to present, theorize, budget, track their time, and report on daily accomplishments — skills not typically taught in the classroom. This is why Neumont's University Relations Department works with industry leaders from companies like IBM, Nike, and Microsoft to identify the gaps between what industry needs and what many traditional universities are teaching. Then, we adjust our curriculum in order to bridge that gap - and provide the most relevant technology-focused education available.
Like we said, it's a real-world, applicable, get-you-a-job-when-you-graduate education that doesn't lose focus because of frat parties and football games. Sure, we've got our own form of socializing (usually separated by LCDs and Ethernet cables) and there's time to do your own thing, but make no mistake: our programs are intensely focused on providing the most comprehensive and applicable education possible.
Request more information about how our students go from graduating high school to highly sought-after technology professionals in just 2.5 years by clicking here.
*Neumont University is an accredited member, ACICS.