To the Families of Prospective Neumont Students:
Thank you for considering Neumont University. As you read about our University, I am confident you will find a wide variety of Neumont success stories and Neumont news articles about our commitment to delivering a quality computer science education.
Neumont’s curriculum is unique in its project-based delivery, professional focus, and accelerated pace. We do not shy away from the fact that our programs are rigorous which means that some students may find themselves unable to complete the program, leaving disappointed in their efforts. On the other hand, most of our students do earn their degree and graduate very satisfied with the results. Sometimes, students choose to share their experience through online review forums.
Many Neumont student review forums are open exchanges of opinions and provide valuable insight into the Neumont “customer experience”. On these sites, you will find a diversity of comments and opinions, some positive, some negative, and many in-between. However, when you find a review site where ALL of the content is negative, you have likely stumbled onto what I call a ‘malicious site’ – one that is designed to intentionally generate and publish negative content.
While all online forums depend on advertising revenues, these malicious sites operate on a business model that extorts universities, like ours, into paying the site to stop deleting positive content. We have chosen not to submit to this unfair and unethical practice.
This type of exploitative practice can often leave a student and their family wondering what is true. We encourage students to look through multiple sites, where you can find a variety of points of view about Neumont, such as:
- Read the press release on Neumont's clear victory in Federal Court against this malicious site and the Neumont cyberstalker.
- Google Neumont Reviews Sites and look for sites other than the malicious site which attempts to promote one single financially-motivated point of view. Reliable review sites will offer a variety of reviews from students and successful alumni in regard to questions about life at Neumont
- General college info and other college review sites like: www.howtogetin.com, www.utah.com/colleges, www.unigo.com, and www.collegeprowler.com
- www.facebook.com/neumontuniversity to ask current students what they think
- www.neumontuniversitystudentreviews.blogspot.com, our Student Blog
- www.neumontforums.com, where you can post your own questions on our campus forum and read the student response to these malicious sites
While student reviews do count, I also encourage your family to take into consideration other, validated, metrics of quality as you evaluate your college options, including, but not limited to:
- First Year Retention Rate: 81% of our students are still enrolled 12 months after they start classes, the national average first year retention rate is 77% for four-year institutions.
- Graduation Rates: Neumont retains 58% of our students from start through graduation; the national average is 58% for four-year institutions.
- Graduate Employment: Since our inception, more than 90% of all Neumont graduates have accepted offers in the field of computer science within six months of graduation – with companies like Microsoft, Nike, IBM, and REI Systems who repeatedly hire Neumont alumnus.
- Recognition: Neumont has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education report on Neumont's unique approach and the Chronicle of Higher Education reviews Neumont as an exceptional model for Innovation in Program Delivery, with exceptional attention to graduate employability.
Thank you for considering Neumont University. We wish you the very best in your college search.
Edward H. Levine
President, Neumont University
P.S. – I am immensely proud of Neumont faculty and staff, students, and graduates. If you want to learn more about our extraordinary programs, please contact our Admissions Office, we will happily connect you with real students anytime.