Neumont Career Week: Fall, 2013
Career Week is a unique event at Neumont, held each quarter, to give students and potential employers the opportunity to meet, ask questions, and evaluate the potential of a strong career fit. Each quarter, Neumont University hosts Career Week, where students have an opportunity to:
- Interview and network with hiring companies
- Explore career opportunities and the benefits of different work environments
- Attend Industry Perspectives Presentations on trends in the industry
- Attend resume and interview skills workshops
- Request interviews with specific employers
- Additionally, employers are given a book of student resumes before they arrive on campus so they can request interviews with specific students who have the skills they are seeking
Contact the Career Services Department now to discuss your professional interests, and make sure your resume is in top shape for the next Career Week.
Career Week Events:
- Interviews: Neumont offers interview rooms for Career week participants from 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Each day our Industry Partners reserve those rooms and conduct interviews with Neumont students. To ensure availability, interested employers should contact the Career Services Department at least two weeks in advance.
- Booth Fair: We have booths available on a first-come, first-served basis strategically placed throughout the campus in order to maximize high visibility. Typically, somewhere between 150-200 students participate.
- Open Campus Visits: Employers are encouraged to “own the campus” during their visit. In addition to interviewing students or presenting to the student body at lunchtime, Neumont can provide employers with a list of relevant courses during their visit. Employers are welcome to visit targeted courses for 5-10 minutes to conduct short Q&A sessions about their company, give out SWAG, or just explain the positive side or working for your company.
- Industry Perspectives Presentations: These 50 minute information sessions offer students a window to the real world issues surrounding your industry, and an opportunity to network and interview on campus.
CAREER WEEK Visitors Have Included: